- To turn out highly trained and qualified artists that are innovative and capable of developing a new visual language as artists and illustrators.
- To expose and avail staff to relevant and available training research opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
- To provide facilities and equipment relevant training of student to face the art challenges of the modern day.
- To make available the much needed materials and equipments for teaching, learning and research.
- To make available, space for students studio work, staff offices, lecture halls and a Gallery.
- There shall be a continual review of curriculum of the painting, drawing and illustration programme to meet the need of contemporary Nigeria.
- To develop policies leading to innovative skills for cyber painting, drawing and illustration.
- To expand the capacity of the facilities for teaching and learning and enhance their quality.
- To ensure compliance with current world standards and trends in painting research.
- To create a forum for debate through which students become increasingly professionalised.